The Writing Center in the German Department is a forum for individuals who have specific concerns and questions regarding German writing or grammar in the context of an assignment, paper, or project or who simply want to practice their German writing skills.
The Writing Center provides:
- assistance with writing papers, letters, and other texts in German at all stages
- answers (electronic or in person) to specific questions on grammar
- workshops on specific aspects related to writing and grammar in German
- access to materials and resources on our Canvas Site
- a forum for student creativity, expression, and productivity
The Writing Center is located at 1880 Campus Drive (Kresge Hall), Room 3331. Available hours are:
- Tuesday 10 am - 2 pm and by appointment
- Thursday 1 - 5 pm and by appointment
- Biweekly workshops on Fridays from 3 - 4 pm are held at 1880 Campus Drive (Kresge Hall), Room 3354
For individual appointments at the Writing Center:
- Contact the German Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ingrid Zeller at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Consult the Canvas Site for availability of slots and sign up through the site. To enroll, please write to the same addresses listed above.
- Sign up through the electronic sign-up feature on Canvas for 30 - 60 minutes appointments.
- Send an electronic copy of your text along with a description of your assignment as soon as possible.
- Expect to receive comments on structure, grammar, choice of words, and style via symbols and a color system, and to discuss the points and come up with solutions together;
- expect this to be a learning process to improve your writing skills.
Feel free to send comments, suggestions, inquiries at any time and check back regularly for news, events, and resources! You will also receive announcements via internal departmental sites and listservs! For your reference, please download the flyers with general information and suggestions for preparing for your visit.Back to top