Summer Study Abroad
There are three affiliated summer programs in Germany that target different student populations:
- Berlin: Global City in the Center of Europe
- Bonn: Renewable Energy Policy and Development in Germany
- Munich: Finding Nano: Nanoscience, Research and Industry in German
Additionally, there are a number of other study and internship options that German students do every summer. Consult the study abroad adviser in the department to review other options.
Max Kade Fundation Scholarships
Through the generosity of the Max Kade Foundation, the Department of German is pleased to offer travel scholarships for eligible undergraduate students in order to provide financial support for study abroad programs organized by Northwestern University. Preference is given to students with financial needs who are applying for the nine-week summer program “Berlin: Global City in the Center of Europe.” Download the scholarship application.
- Berlin: Global City in the Center of Europe, Northwestern University Office of International Program Development (IPD)
- Renewable Energy Policy & Development in Bonn, the University of Bonn & the College of Global Studies at Arcadia University, University of Bonn & the College of Glabal Studies at Arcadia University
- Finding Nano: Nanoscience, Research and Industry in Germany, Technische Universität München (TUM)